Who We Are
The firm was established in 1958 as a small break away law firm by Douglas T. Bourdon and W. Robert Burgess. They established their practice in the west end of Toronto in the Junction area. Doug Bourdon and Bob Burgess were originally practicing in the law firm of Anderson Bourdon Sinclair which was established by Doug Bourdon’s father in the early 1900s.
The firm flourished in the Junction area, providing a full service Barrister and Solicitor practice to the west end of Toronto.
In 1991, Paul J. Anderson joined the firm bringing his client base and expertise in private and public practice and the firm became known as Anderson Bourdon Burgess in April, 1991.
In 1995, Anderson Bourdon Burgess merged with the law practice of William J. Thorne, a local sole practitioner in Etobicoke (west end of Toronto) and in 2007, merged with the law practice of Rawding & Lindsay, a Mississauga law firm.
The consolidated practices have continued to provide services to the public under the name Anderson Bourdon Burgess.
The firm has continued to grow, servicing clients from the Greater Metropolitan Toronto Area to other clients doing business in Ontario from Asia, Europe, the United States and South America.
The practice we have undertaken is divided into three main areas including:
- Business Law: from sole proprietorships and partnerships to incorporations, business restructurings and amalgamations, as well as finance, contracts, leasing and business succession and planning;
- Real Estate and Mortgage Transactions: from residential and commercial purchases and sales, institutional and private mortgage financing and re-financing to development syndications; and,
- Estate Administration and Tax Planning: from simple Wills and Powers of Attorney to more complex estate and tax planning and estate probate and administration, both onshore and offshore.
- We also provide Independent Legal Advice and Independent Legal Representation on all of the above matters.
Notary Public & Commissioner of Oaths Services
Occasionally, you may require a document notarized for processing a Claim, or a Statutory Declaration for travel purposes, signed under oath and seal before either a Notary Public or a Commissioner of Oaths.
Our staff is available daily, and on short notice, to assist you in completing the documentation as quickly as possible for you.
Please feel free to contact our offices.
We believe in the certain fundamentals with respect to our clients:
- Our commitment to our clients to provide clear, practical advise and creative solutions to help our clients achieve the results that they desire
- Affordable services keeping in mind the clients objectives
Our clients have demanded it and that is what we deliver.
Our offices are conveniently located in the west end of Toronto at 454 Brown’s Line. We have always taken pride in serving the community by providing quality legal services at affordable rates. Phone calls are free so if we can be of any assistance to you in any regard, please do not hesitate to contact the writer.
Address: 454 Brown’s Line, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M8W 3T9
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Contact No: 416-621-9644
You should be talking to us!